Dear Supporters and Friends in Christ:
For many it has been quite some time since you last heard from us so please bear with me much has happened in the past few months.
The big change to announce is my longtime friend and someone we have been praying about for many years, Tony was finally released and able to join the ministry team in January. He has already proven to be quite an asset in trips to Houston and work around the area. It was also at this time, my dear friend and sending Pastor Steve Graham suffered a stroke. He is making remarkable strides towards recovery but I am sure he and his family covet your prayers as do I.
The first trip to Houston in February was a first as it was a partnership with Run For the Wall (RFTW), Disaster Relief USA (DRUSA) and Mission M25. This was a small scale event (compared to many) but brought forth much fruit. Pictures and a short story can be found on our web site. Out of it also came some unexpected blessings as I was asked to be a Platoon Chaplain for the RFTW this year and Tony to drive our work van as a chase/breakdown vehicle. We will be heading to Ontario CA with the trike on 10 May.
Tony and I again headed to Houston for 3 weeks in March 16 days of which were part of Eight Days of Hope. I have a full report up on the web site with pictures and a detailed report of the homes and homeowners we helped. To say this was a blessing was an understatement.
We have also been blessed to stay fairly busy locally while we have been at home with odd jobs and a couple of big projects all of which partly help fund the ministry. Naida is continuing to teach Sunday school and working her part-time job and loving both. She has had some health issues but with very good medical care we think we have things under control for now. She is the rod that keeps this motor grounded and I could not do this ministry without her support.
Our local church Grace Baptist has seen a steady stream of visitors and we are praying it would please God to add some to the congregation (we recently had 3 baptisms). The outreach at McWilly elementary after school continues as does other community outreach programs. A few weeks ago we were pleased to have the Sills, Christopher, Carol and family who’s Preaching and Teaching ministry to Ecuador is in its 5th year.
UPCOMING CONFIRMED MISSIONS:
Puerto Rico 10-24 April (Delayed due to flu)
RFTW 10 May -01 Jun (We are looking for Sponsors to help offset the cost)
Juarez, MX 19-29 JUL (BTM, Building Tomorrows Missions with FBC Clinton, LA)
FBM HAS ALSO BEEN ASKED TO GO TO:
India, with Pastor Sunny Raul to help build churches in the mountainous region this Nov
Ecuador, Missionary Chris Sills and family to help build a home for one of the pastors
Papua Indonesia, with Missionary, Trevor Christian Johnson and family to help build local pastor housing.
- That Naida and I will be an asset to the local church and community
- For the members of Grace Baptist Church, especially Pastors Thomas Winn and Tiago Oliviera
- For Tony and I as we serve in Puerto Rico
- For Tony and I as we serve the Veterans on RFTW
- For guidance on upcoming mission trips
- For finances for RFTW. https://rftw.us/ We are in need of a 16’-18’ Utility trailer, the one we were supposed to have use of, got cancelled. If we can get donors to help purchase one, their names will go on signs acknowledging their support of Veterans as we drive across the US. Or if anyone has one we can borrow J
- Lastly, thank you to those who continue to support our mission work financially. We had a significant cut back in funds; please pray God will provide the means for us to remain in the mission field. If you wish to help out, please send your contributions to PVBC, ATTN: FBM 56 Perkins St Chicopee, MA 01013
In HIS Service
PO BOX 16431 Jackson MS 39236-6431
Ministry Blog/Web Sites:
Member International Network of Prison Ministries